The Choijin Lama Temple Museum is an architectural masterpiece of the 19th and 20th century. The monastery was erected by Mongolian architects. The temple was built between 1904 and 1908 by the 8th Bogd Khaan Janzandamba, and dedicated to his brother lama Luvsankhaidav. The museum has a fine collection of woodcarving, appliquй, embroidery and sculptures, dated as early as 17th century. The museum contains precious examples of Buddhist art including the paintings by Zanabazar,a renowned religious reformer and great artisan of 17th century as well as colourful masks for Tsam Dance ceremony embroidered with corals, bronze statue of gods in erotic poses, silk tankas and many other artifacts.