Noyon Khutuktu Luvsandanzanravjaa had established a
"Display Temple" called "Geba-ten Ragya Ling" that
displayed his own art, some items connected with his parents and close ones,
presents or souvenirs from other high lamas, offerings from the local community
and extraordinary items collected from different places, etc. in 1840s. Since
then, people used to call it "Dingam" or "Valuable".
name of the temple was changed to "Relic Temple" tight after the
Noyon Khutuktu's parinirvana (gone beyond sorrow) in 1856 bacause his mummified
body and over 1500 caskets of Dharma and cultural items were placed there. A
special curator in charge of the preservation and protection of this valuable
heritage was appointed right away. Thus, Sh. Balchinchoijoo (Dharma name
Ish-lodon), a disciple of the Fifth Noyon Khutuktu who had made a commitment to
protect and preserve the Noyon Khutuktu's heritage and holy activities, was
officially nominated as a special curator in 1856. He acted as a special
curator throughout his life and passed on this responsibility to his son
Gan-Ochir. Gan-Ochir passed it on to his son Narya after 33 years service. He
was secceeded by his son Ongoi, then Ongoi's son Gombo, and Gombo's son Tudev.
That was the course of events up to 1938.
1938, when the destruction of Khamar Monastery was imminent, the young monk G.
Tudev rescued 64 caskets of cultural items from the temple which was being
guarded by soldiers, and buried them in various locations in the vicinity of
Khamar Monastery under the cover of darkness. Today, these cultural heritage
objects rescued and protected by G. Tudev for 52 years are displayed for people
to look at both at the Danzanravjaa Museum and Khamar Monastery.
Khutuktu Luvsandanzanravjaa also established and actively supported some
non-religious institutions for the sake of educating such as Khamar Monastery's
theatre, known as "The Story Singing Temple", library, art school,
Children's Datsan i.e. college, and Display Temple, called "Geba-ten
Rabgya Ling", etc. Some objects and documents bearing testimony to this
activity of the Noyon Khutuktu are on display at the Danzanravjaa Museum.
Noyon Khutuktu's "Children's Datsan" was open to both boys and girls
and it served more or less to train professional actors and actresses, singers,
dancers, various artists and accountants for the play "The life Story of
the Moon Cuckoo". Graduates of this school were conferred some kind of
certificate that bore a special stamp. At present, we can see this stamp and
other exhibits associated with this school such as manuals, manuscripts, and
some childresn's drawings, etc., among the various displays of the Danzanravjaa
give a mere overview of the Fifth Noyon Khutukt Luvsandanzanravjaa's writings
and creations, there are over 400 poems, over 100 long or short songs
(Mongolian folk songs are of two major types, namely long and short songs), 1
volume of philosophical writings, 10 volume of plays, other writings on various
Buddhist rituals or pujas both in Mongolian and Tibetan, as well as number of
drawings. Most of these works of the Noyon Khutukt are preserved, today, at the
the Danzanravjaa Museum is in fact what the "Display Temple" of
Khamar Monastery used to be in the past, even though it is located at some
distance from the home monastery today. The opening ceremony for a museum
dedicated to educating visitors about the great Mongolian enlightened master
and outstanding poet, the Fifth Noyon Khutuktu Luvsandanzanravjaa, was held on
July 10th, 1991 at Sainshand town where it was re-established. The Opening
Ceremony of a new building for the Danzanravjaa Museum was held on 10th of
July, 2008. We regard this as a major milestone in our effort to protect and
preserve of the Noyon Khutuktu's cultural heritage, and hence, we are whole
heartedly happy about this.