UGTUUL SANGYN DALAI MONASTERY

Due to the history, Sangyn Dalai Monastery was created in the 19th century by the order of Mongolian Buddhist Head for the Tibetan Lama’s first arrival in Mongolia. The monastery was located at the center of Erdenedalai soum of Dundgovi province not far from Sangyn Dalai Nuur. The Tibetan Lama was welcomed and got a relaxing there.   The lama Chobondorj led the temple construction, and the wood, dirt and lime were prepared by local man Dendev from the local place and decorated by blue bricks, blue ceramics and special decorations. The temple was offered to the 8th Bogd Javjandamba who gave the name to the temple “Dambadarjaalin”. The meaning of the temple name is to spread religion. The Sangyn Dalai monastery had a complex with a big library and nearly 20 temples like as two main temples or Tsogchin Dugan, two Guardian Spirit temples and 4 temples for four main Mongolian aimags and there inhabited more than 500 Buddhist lamas. 



The Tsogchin temple is a rectangle shaped and 2 floored and it's decorated by the wheel and unicorn that gilt in gold and it has a wall of blue brick and 64 wooden columns and a roof of blue ceramics and exterior and interior of the temple are decorated by the national patterns and it's one kind of the national architectural art.



It's protected by the state in 1994. Only one temple was survived during the 1930's purge from the Sangyn Dalai Monastery and it's the Tsogchin temple .The project was carried out by the Reconstruction Organization of the Historical and Cultural Heritages by 1989 and made a survey and a scheme and it's rebuilt in 1990-1991. The religious activities had restarted since 1991.