There is an ancient city
ruin with over 50 building remains Olon Baishin southeast from Kheseg Baishin
behind Busyn Chuluu and in front of Olongyn Us in Ikh Khet Soum, Dornogobi
There are many
construction remains surrounding north and 2 adjacent sides of pyramid-shaped
building which is supposed to be a main building. Although appearance and shape
of some buildings are much same as that of the buildings in Kheseg Baishin,
they differ with the fortress surrounding.
According to the
researchers’ records, a base of the building was made of granite and brick wall
on it was placed using a same style as that of the buildings in Kheseg Baishin.
Square-shaped stone with a hole in the centre found from the ruin is supposed
to be a support of the column. There were no traces of stele among the finds,
but a stone trough and stupa-shaped establishments were found. Both Kheseg
Baishin and Olon Baishin are supposed to have been built by Togoontumur khan.
Russian tourist Timkovskii who travelled the sight in 1821-22 recorded that
“Sain Huntaij had been living there 300 years ago”. Sinologist Palladi Kafarova
who passed through this area in 1847 heard of talk: “groom of Manchu king had
been living in this place”.
As seen from here both Kheseg Baishin and Olon Baishin belong to
same period of time and Sain Huntaij must be Erdene Huntaij Degelei mentioned
in the inscription of Kheseg Baishin. Probably, he had inhabited in the land
until it was conquered and destroyed by the Manchu in the end of 17th century.
Even though there is still a talk among the locals of Togoontumur khan in
connection with the place. After his return from China, may be, Togoontumur
khan had lived for several years in this place and then some buildings were
probably built after it was abandoned.